We'll keep this page update with the most important bits of what's new and getting started with the tools.
Last update: 02.03.2018
- Maya 2010+
- OS - WIndows, Mac, Linux
One File and Go¶
THIS METHOD IS IN TESTING
New single file install method added in February 2018.
If you connect to cgmTools via our bitbucket repos with sourceTree or something like that. Don't use this method. It'll overwrite it depending on where your repos is. If you don't, ignore this.
- Download this file and put it it in your scripts folder. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s5hbmw6fzytz1c/cgmUpdate.py?dl=0
- Open maya
- In a python command line:
cgmUpdate.here(). When you do this, you'll get a confirm dialog showing you where it's detected the install location. You can change if you like.See image above.
As long as you have a net connection this should:
- Grab the latest build from one of our branches
- Download it
- Unzip it
- Move everything to the scripts folder as needed
- Delete the zip stuff.
- Load the toolbox
Until we get embeded video sorted. Please use this link: https://player.vimeo.com/video/204937700
- Download the latest
- Unzip it to your maya scripts folder
- Windows -
- Mac -
- In the mel command line, type:
- Again in command line:
You should see a new window pop up.
If you're having issues, check .. Support
- Toolbox - Continuing to flesh out the tools as we work through gigs.
- MRS - Morpheus Rig System
- Build Pulls - Implemented. In testing
- cgmUpdateTool - Alpha 1.0
- SetTools 2.1
- cgmSnap 1.0
- cgmJointTools 1.0
- SetTools 2.0
- Transform Tools
- New Docs using Sphinx
- Toolbox 2.0
- MarkingMenu 2.0
- AttrTools 2.0
- Locinator 2.0
- MeshTools 1.0 - Initial Release
Merged branches for update tools to be more useful
- Master - main branch
- Stable - Will attempt to only have stable builds here
- MRS - dev branch for MRS development
- Alpha 1.0 release
- Tool for getting cgmTool branch commits
- The default initial branch is 'stable'. The user can change this after initial install.
- Marking menu added
- Type flagging readded from 1.0
- WARNING - Dealing with some crash bugs in 2017
- mrsAnimate Alpha - docs
- mrsBuilder - coming along
- Reworked template theory. Template phase now all about shaping
- IK.handle/ribbon reworked
- Main humanoid modules functioning - segment, limb, head
- ATTR.datList... - made float 3 work.
DIST.get_asisBox_size- rigging call for getting bb relative sizing data
DIST.offsetShape_byVector- because maya's offset curve call is finicky (because of shape direction?).
- First pass on ui layout
- Add, edit change states of blocks
- Initial mirroring
- Master - Initial features complete
- Handle - Initial features complete
MetaClasses - Inital rewrites of core puppet meta classes complete. We'll be culling out cgmPuppetMeta in time as this is replacing
cgmGEN.func_getTraceString- given a function, get a string trace to its module for reporting like
cgmGEN.func_snapShot- usage should be
cgmGEN.func_snapShot(vars())in your function. Will give you a report of the values at that point in the call process
cgmGEN.cgmException- Our new exception handler with nested exception handling
RAYS.get_cast_pos- Get a position from a cast vector. Simple return for rigging purposes
SNAPCALLS.get_special_pos- Part of the cgmSnap push
RIGCONSTRAINTS.attach_toSurface- For ribbon setup
- ``IK.ribbon ``- initial setup
First pass on cgmSnap.
First pass. Accessible via the top menu and nested in the cgmToolbox
First pass on cgmJointTools.
Initial pass. Accessible via the top menu and nested in the cgmToolbox.
- Bit of work from MRS update
orientByPlane- Thanks to Brad Clark for the suggestion
orientChain- reworked and improved
tweakOrient- Props to Michael Comet. Pythonized one of his calls.
Small sprint on getting the main menu working a bit faster and fixing a few bugs.
Rework of cgmTop menu for speed. Previously, it was rebuilding everytime you moused over the menu. Now it does initially then on request via the
Moved module stuff around to clean things up and again try to get a bit more speed
Create mid point mode - After doing some gig work, added the ability to create not just via object but by midpoint of objects or components
Toolbox> TD Tab > Rigging Section > Create row- null(mid), jnt(mid), loc(mid)
This took some rework of some core stuff and refactoring from non core libraries. Prompted by the last project Josh worked.
cgm.core.lib.sdk_utilsfor this endeavour.
New section in cgmToolbox
Ammended top menu with new functions
seShapeTaper - Moved from joints
- Get Driven - Get objects driven by an sdk driver (usually an attribute) and select them
- Get Driven Plugs - Get plugs driven by an sdk driver